The city of Jerusalem provides a cash back incentive of up to 60% to foreign producers of feature films and TV dramas.
Film industry expenditures made on Jerusalem-based crew, equipment, and post-production facilities qualify. The incentive does not apply to hotels, travel and travel agencies, insurance, or food.
The fund seeks stories written to take place in Jerusalem that showcase the city's locations and landscapes in a positive light, such as a romantic comedy. Part of a high-profile film, such as an opening scene for a James Bond feature, may also qualify as readily as a TV drama if the whole episode takes place in the city.
Scripts seeking to qualify for the incentive will not depict stereotypes of Jerusalem as a place of hatred between Jews and Arabs, a place of Orthodox Jews, a place for bombing, etc.
For consideration, applicants must submit a film synopsis and inform fund managers of the projected spend in Israel as well as the portion that is earmarked for Jerusalem. 50% of the total shoot days in Israel must be executed in Jerusalem in order to qualify. Initial feedback on viability is normally provided within a few weeks.
80% of the cash rebate is returned immediately after completing the shoot and audit of Jerusalem expenditures. The remaining 20% is returned after a production's premier in Jerusalem - a requisite of the fund.
Title: Jesus, the Way, the Truth, and the Life - Director: Sean Quinn - DoP: Rory Peach - Production Company: Bowstring USA - Production Service: Meirav Vizer - Author: Marcellino D'Ambrosio - Publisher: Ascension - Location: Jerusalem, Bethlehem, Jericho, Nazareth, Haifa, Caesarea, Sea of Galilee, Israel
Marcellino D'Ambrosio, Ph.D. Director of Crossroads Productions, Inc.